Saturday, February 18, 2012

Welcome!

Welcome to our new... not so new... blog.  Not much has changed, except for a place to sign up for e-mail notifications if you're interested :) 

Sorry I haven't updated too much lately.  Here's a quick rundown:

Cole had a fever for a few days after his surgery, but has been fine ever since.  Back to bouncing off the walls like usual!  He started writing his name! But still needs occasional prompting.  He is working really hard on letters and numbers.  Still loves school and playing with his friends.  Is a FISH when it comes to swim lesson's!  So fun to watch him actually swimming!  Goes back in a few weeks to have his hearing re-screened.  Hopefully he will have regained full hearing!  Fingers crossed...

Rylin is just as sweet as ever.  Loves to do and say what her brother does.  She is working hard on coloring/painting.  Starting to learn some colors and actually does pretty well with her alphabet and numbers.  And can almost spell her name also!  She loves to care for and sing songs to her babies.  We still have occasional long tantrums, but they seem to be more spaced out... thank you!  She has been a little extra lovey dovey lately... wanting Mommy to hold her lots :)

Both of the kids still desperately want a sibling.  They both decided they would like a little brother.  Every day they ask when God is going to give us a baby...  Hopefully cousin "Max" coming soon will help satisfy their baby craving for a little while :)

I have been working hard on staying organized and getting things crossed of my "to do list" while still spending time with my darling kidlets and husband.  Jason and I actually had a date night out to Jason Aldean's concert last night.  It was awesome!  I also enjoyed my first Juicy Lucy, delicious! Jason is working tonight so the kids and I have been hanging out.  I don't usually lay with Rylin before bed, but tonight she put her little arm around my neck and said "mommy lay with me." So I did.  And it was wonderful.  I actually had tears in my eyes because it's all going much too fast.  Even though I had a lot of things I wanted to accomplish tonight, I just laid there for a long time after she fell asleep, just staring at her beautiful little peaceful face.

Hopefully I will have some new pictures and videos of the kids to post soon, it's on my "to do list" as I realized I have been slacking lately in that department.  Until then... Life is good :)

No comments:

Post a Comment