Monday, February 11, 2008
28 weeks!
28 weeks today. They said it was a good date to make it to. One day at a time. Here is a recap of the last few days. First of all survival rate of 28 weeker is 85-90% but we are planning on leaving our 28 weeker in there for a little while longer. Survival rate goes to 100% at 32 weeks. (we are hoping for a 36+ weeker). Anyways so the baby has been doing well, always looked good on the monitor and ultrasound. It's heartrate was a little lower then usual for the last few days but that was due to the magnesium sulfate I was on. The magnesium sulfate is a drug they use to help stop contractions, it makes you feel like crap, but it will be worth it in the end. I am fianlly off of the magnesium sulfate as of this morning. I am still having mild cramping/occasinal contractions, but they are not as concerned about those. They tested my cervix by ultrasound today and it was 2.7 cm wide (4cm is normal) so the perinatologist is happy because that is over half of the cervix still left. On friday my cervix was about 2cm thick and they said it is normal for the cervix to get a little thicker because the contractions have stopped and the babies head is not pushing down on it as hard (the head was still right there during the ultra sound). I am starting to think this baby is not very patient... wonder where it gets that from? Anyways my placenta was 3cm away from cervix and looked good so that should not be causing any problems or bleeding. They have not checked the dilation of my cervix since I have been to abbott, and they said they will not check it unless I start contracting hard again... I am hoping that it stayed strong at 2cm. Also they checked a fetalfibronectin test on friday at mercy and again today. The test is 88-99% accurate to predict if you are going to deliver in the next 2 weeks. Both of my test came back negative which is a great thing! Everything is starting to run together so I hope this makes sense but basicaly if they can get the contractions to slow or stop then I can go home on bed rest for 4-8 weeks until the baby is closer to term. As most of you know this has been very hard on me emotionally and physically. I do not like being tied down. I am doing my best to listen to the doctors/nurses as I know they know what is best for my baby, and my ulitmate goal is to have a healhty baby! I will write more tomorrow:)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment