Tuesday, February 26, 2008

30+ weeks

Back to the doctors today. Everything went well. They looked at my cervix and believed it looked about the same as last week 2cm dilated so they did not touch it… yeah! They did another FFN test which predicts labor in the next 2 weeks, the results are pending but I should have them by tomorrow. Dr. said I have to stay on the same amount of bed rest until 32 weeks. Then I might be able to go to a little more modified bed rest! My pubic symphysis is very sore (pubic symphysis- is the midline cartilaginous joint uniting the superior rami of the left and right pubic bones). Feels like I did the splits and ripped something. The doctor assured me this is normal stretching caused by the baby’s head being so low, yippee (sarcastically). The ultra sound went well… the pictures are kind of hard to see because the baby is getting so big but I will try and post a few tomorrow. My cervix was 2.7 on ultra sound (length) so it has stayed the same… good news. The baby’s head was so low they had a hard time seeing it and getting pictures, again yippee! Haha. The baby was not small by any means… they estimated it to weigh 4 lb 2 oz! They dated it to be 32 weeks and 3 days (currently I am 30 weeks and 1 day)! So the baby is growing just fine! I gained half a pound this week… my doctor said I see you did not gain any weight this week, I said no I gained half a pound. She said no the baby gained half a pound and you gained nothing. I guess the 5 brownies a day are not enough! Back to the doctors next week, stay posted for pictures and results of the FFN test! PS Thanks to all of my visitors for bringing food, books, company, chipotle, Buffalo wild wings, brownies, flowers, walking Beretta, etc. You have all been such a blessing in our lives!

No comments:

Post a Comment